Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Holy Crap We're Adults...

So we have now been married going on 1 year 2 months and have started talking about the possibility of adding to our family with in the near future but now I realize our family is thinking this too...

Don't get me wrong Eli's mom has been asking to have kids since the day we met and she wants nothing more than to have a grandchild, but now I get an email from my aunt telling me they are getting rid of my 4 year old cousin's crib and want to know if we want it?! When did this happen that we're old and everyone thinks we should be having kids?

Well nothing to report on the children note. Eli says no kids until after Mexico because we have already pre paid for me to be drunk all week and well I guess that wouldn't mix well :)

Enough about my reality check into adulthood. I am just enjoying the day off being lazy. I went to the flower shop and bought some mums that I now need to plant, Chloe got her nails done (which she HATES by the way) and now we're just relaxing. I am not quite sure where Eli is because I haven't seen him all day. I actually think that he is laying in bed (Yes I realize it is 5pm but I don't think he does)

Going along with being an old adult I am trying to read more. I know I think I say this every 7 months or so and I try to start a book and it just never happens or I start it and never finish it. I started reading Eat Pray Love awhile back for a book club that I was going to participate it and I read about half to three quarters of the book (which it is GREAT) then the book club meeting happened so I went to discuss the book and have fun and just never finished the book. Now it's been so long that I would have to start the book over again and that doesn't sound like too much fun to me. The book I am now reading is a book called Time Power a book about how to be a better time manager and this is probably the fourth time I have started this book because I can never make time to read it. Yes, very ironic. A girl at worked laughed when I told her I was trying to read more and said "I don't picture you as a reader" at first I was offended that she was commenting on my intelligence the she said something along the lines of "I think you have too much on your mind and you're too ADD to sit down for two seconds and read a book" Okay true that.

I am obviously not ADD and I am not trying to make comments about anyone that truly is but it is very true that I can't sit down for two seconds and concentrate on one thing and relax. I think it's a contagious disease. My dad has it, my grandma has it, and I guess if I knew back any further they probably have it too. And it's probably inevitable that my kids will be this way too. Oh well Life goes on :)

Okay wow this is the most I've typed in awhile. Just goes to show my crazy mind and how it never stops or slows down. If only a scientist could see inside my head I bet they would be amazed. Well I know there is something more productive I need to be doing or I may just go lay on the couch and channel surf....ahh the ADD even spreads to my relaxing time Ahhh!!!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

you're going to Mexico!? that's so awesome!! i did forget about your blog since you went about 4 months without posting. you don't suck at blogging, it's suppose to be your random thoughts. can't wait to see you next weekend! go bucks!