Thursday, September 4, 2008

Green?!

So in some parts of my life I attempt to be making decisions that are good for the environment and well sometimes it just isn't convenient enough I suppose.....the only thing I want from this election is ways to make it easier to make these changes in our lives.

Example: I had to call around 4 places to find a place to donate our old couch and no one would either take it/come get it/etc. So I ended up making the non green choice to take it to the dump. That was a fun experience though let me tell you....seeing piles of shit everywhere. Who knows what is there old newspapers, books, tampons, potato chips etc. all compacted into blocks. Very entertaining :)

So end of the day I wish I would have been able to find a place for our couch to be reused by someone who needed it but it was not easy or convenient for me to do so. So dear the next President please make our country a place where there are idiot proof ways to make good choices :)

On this note a random thought I had today is that Hilary may still be our next President with the simple fact that everyone will be choosing between two people they don't like or want to vote for and everyone may be "funny" and write her in just so they don't have to vote. I'm not trying to start a debate here because quite frankly I think that politics are silly and will probably have to be forced to vote anyway.

I still recall my first voting experience and what a pain it was....do I really want to repeat that?! My BFF Erin of course makes me feel guilty for not voting so I have to plan on going. It's raining...I'm walking though Athens which is the drainage station for Ohio...and I have to do some sort of Absentee thing because the voter office in my home town messed something up so I had to vote at OU. Well end of the day I wasted a lot of time, got really wet, and those votes were never even counted. Who knows.

Ha Ha I remember back to the 4th Grade in Mr. Attenweiler's class we had to write a sentence about what we were going to be when we grew up and belive it or not I said I was going to be the First Woman President.....back when you're 10 the world makes sense I suppose.

No comments: