I had my 12 week check up today at the doctor along with a photo session of the baby (ultrasound) I will get pics posted as soon as I get them scanned and figure out how to put them in the blog :)
The baby had a very strong 168 beats a minute so of course according to the old wives tale everyone thinks it's a girl (mom does, Nancy does, heck even the nurse practitioner said "it's a girl...but don't sue me")
We got some great video time of it and got to watch it for awhile while she waited to get a good shot of it's spine. It was flailing it's legs and arms around and kicking up a storm. Can't wait til I can feel that although I'm sure I'll change my mind in a few months when I can't sleep.
So overall good visit, the baby is measuring right on track around 13 weeks. I will be 13 weeks on Saturday so perfect. It had legs, arms, toes, a head, etc so so far so good :) My mom went with me as Eli is still afraid of the alien look of it and, didn't want to see the ultrasound quite yet. We celebrated the heartbeat by going to Target and looking at baby stuff. She did buy a pack up bibs for it that are really cute. Excited now that I feel like it is more "official" that I'm in the 2nd trimester. Dr. even gave me a high five as a congrats for making it ha ha.
My next visit will be June 10th for just a checkup then another ultrasound in July to look for family jewels.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment