GIRL! Okay so I am way late to update my blog and everyone probably already knows that our ultrasound turned up a little girl. Everything showed up great in her screening as they measured her brain, kidneys, liver, leg, and who knows what else. It was pretty cool even though I had no idea what most of it was. We could see her little brain developing and her bladder that was full. Ultrasound tech said that was a good thing because all seemed to be working. So yay! Next appointment is August 3rd for just a quick normal check up where I will get to donate pee and maybe blood we'll see.
So Eli and I are very excited to say the least. We spent this past weekend cleaning out the extra bedroom that will become the baby's room. We took out Chloe's cage, a bookshelf, lots of laundry, etc. As you can see from my belly picture it was not ready for a baby to come and live. So now we just have a few baby items including a cradle, a swing that someone gave us, and her car seat that we ordered already. (yeah i was so excited we ordered it right after the ultrasound!)
Baby's Room
I am excited that this whole 2nd trimester energy has finally kicked it. I thought I was going to feel like a lump forever. I've been getting more done the last week than I probably have in heck the past year. Just little stuff like getting some closets cleaned out, actually caught up on laundry, and the kitchen is pretty clean as I type. I've also managed to do some calling around to find ways to get some of our bills a bit cheaper to try and save some money. Dropped our home phone line that we never used and saved about $30 a month, got a quote to save about $9 a month on house insurance so feeling good about saving up for baby's arrival.
Baby's Closet! A few outfits have been bought for us, a couple I bought but mostly hand me downs that were given to us. So we are on our way to being ready for multiple outfit changings throughout the day.
Eli and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary this week. wow!! We spent the entire past weekend together so that was pretty much our way of celebrating with some Q-time but on our actual anniversary on Tuesday we went out to dinner at Uno's and then to DQ for dessert. We thought it would be fun and corny to go to two different places we worked together to reminisce our time together. Ahhh...{insert gagging :) }
Here we are toasting to another year of marriage. Wow I look tired...:(


No comments:
Post a Comment