Wednesday, July 22, 2009

puppy sitting is great preparation...

Wow having a puppy in the house is much like a toddler...Bella has been visiting us while Nichelle and Luke were away. I forgot how many times you say "no" "stop" "don't chew on that" "be nice" etc. all in all though Bella and Chloe have had a lot of fun wresting together and Bella had done pretty good with potty training not in her normal environment. We even tried some simple commands and she is great with sit and sometimes lay down. That one will take a lot more practice. So do I want another dog?!......yeah not for a long time. I've almost fallen a million times these past few days from having the two of them under my feet wanting to follow me and wrestle etc. Fun times for awhile that's about it.


So we finally did it we bought the bedding for the nursery. I have been eyeing it for awhile and debating back and forth but finally ordered it tonight. Once it gets here we will be able to look at the samples of paint from Menard's and decide for sure on colors for the walls too. Then the extra room will start to look like a nursery. Yippee!


The theme of the room is Sweet Shop. Here is the bedding.






The pieces we are getting are the quilt, the bumper, the sheet, the bed skirt, the pillow wall hangings, and then the pillows on the floor in the basket. I really LOVE the rug so if anyone sees one like it let me know. I've been googling my heart out with not much luck that i like or can afford. So keep your eyes peeled for a cute floor rug to complete or sweet shop.




As far as painting my picture for inspiration is below. We are hoping to do Pink, Brown, and Cream stripes on the bottom of the wall and then a solid pink on the top half. Kind of a Neapolitan ice cream feel to it. Yummy huh?!



Today was a great day off work of relaxing, getting my hair cut which needed it SO bad, and hanging out with Eli and the dogs. Boo for going back to work tomorrow. Everyone probably thinks that though. I mean does anyone think oh yay I get to get up tomorrow and go to work!! If you do...are you hiring?! Okay well that's all the updates in our life. I am really needing a midnight snack so off for some food then probably to bed.


No comments: