For the most part we are completely ready. We finished our birthing and breastfeeding classes through the month of October and first week in November so hopefully some of that soaked into one of our heads and will be helpful here soon. I have my bag packed and ready on the guest room bed. Dresser is full of onesies, sleepers, hats etc. that have all been washed. We also had some help from Nancy and Rick to make the baby's closet a bit bigger and nicer and that will be painted tomorrow so we can hang the rest of her clothes in there. yay!!
Car Seat safety inspection is tomorrow morning the make sure it is installed properly and she won't slide around the backseat. Eli said he would just hold on to it if someone hits us, but I opted for the safety inspection :) Last couple of things on our list is to do one last good house cleaning and one large grocery shopping trip. So those things should be getting done this week and then GG you can come on out!!!
As far as how she is doing she is doing well. Growing and stretching and jumping all over my belly. If I can figure out how to add a video from my phone I will put that here. I recorded her moving around like a wild woman the other night while I was in bed watching TV. Very cool! I'm thinking (and fearing...) She will probably be around 8lbs or so because I have measured just slightly big the past few visits. I'm still holding out hope for a healthy little peanut though. ;)
When I went in for my 38 week appointment I was about 1 1/2 cent dilated and still "pretty thick" from what the nurse said so no real progress and honestly that was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever had done and now realize why many women refuse to be checked for progress. No more checking down there for me. When she comes I'll know it I don't need a report card before hand :)
Last week we had a bit of a small scare as I got sick with some sort of flu/bug/virus not quite sure. They gave me Tamiflu and treated me for H1N1 just to be "safe", but regardless it was a miserable few days of couching, aching, fever etc. Baby made it through kicking and wiggling. I actually was mostly worried because I think all of my coughing and tossing and turning and being sick caused her to flip around in my stomach and no longer be head down. I won't know for sure until I go to the doctor tomorrow but it feels like during her dance party the other night she found her way back down south.
So all is good just getting very anxious and excited about what the next few weeks will bring for us. I have finally picked an official last date at work which will be Friday the 20th so she had better come close to that so I am not wasting my maternity time at home staring at Chloe. I will keep everyone updated with progress this week and try to do a better job with updating the blog.


No comments:
Post a Comment