Thursday, April 1, 2010

Loving Life as a Mommy

I hate nights when I close at work because I spend pretty much NO time with Audrey. Today we woke up around 10am and took a shower then she played in her Exersaucer while I ate cereal. Then we went back to sleep from 11am until Noon then I scurried to get my stuff together and packed up to go to my mom's house because I have to work at 1:30. Then I picked her up at Eli's mom's house around 11pm brought her home fed her and put her to bed. Busy day and not enough Audrey loving time.

My heart did melt tonight when I picked up Audrey at Eli's mom's house, and when I walked in she looked at me put her arms out to reach for me and smiled. Now THAT was a nice way to end my long day. Once we got home and settled in her room I nursed her and rocked her to sleep and just smiled as she slept on my chest. These are the moments that are indescribable as a mom and I never want to forget.

I am off work tomorrow and the weather is supposed to be really nice so I am very excited!! I am planning on dying Easter eggs with Audrey then maybe going on a walk or playing outside. Unfortunately Eli will not be partaking as he has to work :( boo!

On a positive note Eli is loving his new position at work as Service Manager. He is working a lot more hours than he was before but he is enjoying it so that is what matters. Who knows where it will lead us in the future. I can dream that they will open a Fleming's in Hawaii and want Eli to run it. Ha ha! I could lay in the sunshine all day chasing my 5 kids around in the sand. But for now we'll enjoy what we have.

Life for me is going well at work. Pretty much adjusted to being back after being off for 3 months, but still some days are very hard to be there. It's funny I tell Eli I have good days where I am in love with my job and want to run my own store, and days that are rough where I just want to be able to stay at home with Audrey. Tonight I met a man who was so full of life and inspiration. He used to be from the area, but now lives on the East Coast. He was in town on business and popped in to buy something for his sister. He was inspired to walk in after listening to my mad people skills (I swear that is what he said :) )

We talked about the economy and how tough it is to find a job in Dayton and how I love what I am doing though it wasn't what I saw myself doing 5 years ago. He said many meaningful and motivating things "Don't hope something happens; Make it happen!" "Don't look at the mountain from afar go after it and climb it" I am not sure what I want to happen in my future or what is at the top of my mountain, but I want to get there eventually. He was so nice and just made my heart tickle.

Okay back to life of folding laundry and watching DVR'd American Idol with my hubby.

No comments: