Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Sweet Baby Girl

Dear Audrey,

I always tell myself that I want to do a great job at documenting your life and telling you how much you mean to me so that when you are older you will know everything. I find myself letting life get in the way...hence the blog being updated every few months or so. I did finally pull out your baby book and start to fill out some pages though :) Luckily in this day and age we live in everything is documented in so many other ways (photos, facebook, etc.) So I can look back at my facebook status and see oh yes Audrey got her first tooth on July 7th. That also happens to be the 1 year exactly ago that we found out you were going to be a little girl.

I already can not imagine my life without you in it. You are so precious and bring so much joy to my life. Other than the 40-45 hours a week I am working we are bestest buddies and together. You are a great shopping partner. I wear you on my hip and let you push the cart. You are my snuggle buddy as I lay with you while I nurse you. You are my little stander now when we play.

I sit here late at night staring at you on the video monitor and I am just so thankful that God brought you into our lives. With the world being so public it is hard not to see all of the bad things in the world. People who are mean to their kids or make bad decisions for them. Those stories and pictures just pull at my heart stings and make me love you even more. I just went back to your room and rubbed your little head :)

Mommy is off to bed now because I am sure you'll be up in a few hours to eat and we are also going to try and go to church tomorrow morning. Maybe you will do some more singing he he. You were quite prayerful last week to say the least.

I love you very much. Even when I don't always make time to write about it. I'll work on that :)

Love, Mommy

1 comment:

Kim said...

This is precious Nicole, and so true :)