Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Food and Family

Tonight was one of the moments where I could see our family on some cheesy Family Channel movie with "Ain't no Mountain High Enough" playing in the background. A night to truly remember and that is what my blog (or lack thereof) is all about. I was lucky enough to get off work early today which was awesome for so many reasons. Eli was off work so it was some Q time with the family.  I stopped at Food Town and got some hamburger so that Eli could grill out despite the crappy rainy weather.  While he got burgers and home made french fries ready, Audrey was helping me mash some avocado to put on our burgers. It was just a great night of the three of us cooking up some yummy dinners. It is pretty rare that we are all home for dinner, so I definitely treasure those moments. And heck I realize in about 10-12 years the last thing she'll want to be doing is helping us put dinner together as *gasp* a family :)

Another busy week here of work and fun. Maybe the weather will cooperate and we can do something fun outside this weekend. This past weekend was AMAZING! I took a vacation day on Friday and had a play date with an old friend who is in town from Japan and her 2 kiddos. It is great to give Audrey a chance to play with other kids because she is not the nicest little kid. She is definitely known for pushing a little (ahh I have that kid) Saturday we went shopping in downtown Tipp City to some of the new stores that have opened up. If you've never been here before I will paint a picture for you...I feel like I am in the Gilmore Girls every time I walk downtown. Antique shops, coffee shop, a couple little restaurants, a trashy bar where they sell canned beer (love) and a little toy store attached to a new cupcake shop. Yep this is my little town and I love it. So Audrey and I puttered around town for a couple of hours on Saturday before coming back home for a nap then we went down to the Greene to visit Eli at work and make a trip to stride rite to get measured for super cute overpriced shoes. All-in-all an awesome weekend doing what I LOVE and that is being a wife and mom :) Okay enough cheesiness for one night. Off to cuddle my hubby and my baby girl!


Here is my little Cheese Head :) Eli sent me this picture while I was at work. Apparently she came out of her room with her vest half on and wanted help putting it on. What is funny is this fur part is supposed to be the inside of the vest. Doubt either of them know that though.....;)




No comments: