Look at ME! I am getting so BIG!!
Well as you can see Audrey has gotten SO big. In this picture she is wearing a newborn onesie that she has clearly grown out of. She is so tall she is about to grow out of her 0-3 clothes too. At her 2 month checkup she weighed 12lb 6oz and was 24 inches long putting her in the 90% and 95% respectively. She is definitely one healthy girl. Everyone is right it is very cool to look at her and think wow I am doing that. I am continuing to grow a human ha ha!
I have been really bad about updating because frankly this is so much harder than I thought it would be. Taking care of a baby and the house whew! The baby is definitely better taken care of than the house. Right now there are probably 3 baskets of laundry to fold, diapers in the washer that need to be dried, lots of dishes everywhere…..oh well Audrey and I cuddled, talked, and played all day which in my opinion is way more important.
So a quick update she is doing GREAT! As you see she is growing well. She is smiling, cooing, wiggling and kicking away. She loves to sit on my lap and just talk to me. It is really cute because she laughs, but no sound comes out yet but I can tell she is laughing, I mean heck I’m funny! ;) I am getting much better at telling her cries apart when she is hungry, tired, needs to burp, etc. and it is pretty cool. Audrey had her baptism this past weekend (I have yet to upload photos oops..) and it was a really special day for all of us. We had a big party back at our house which was interesting since our house’s fire capacity is probably about half of the amount of people we had in here. I still have not gotten everything put back together.
I just love this picture. She is smiling at her friends hanging from her swing.
So I will be going back to work on the 15th which is way too soon for me. I have already had plenty of meltdowns and will probably start crying just typing this. It is going to be so hard to leave that sweet face. I don’t want to miss a single smile or any of her coos. Oh this is SO going to suck!! I sit here every day thinking of ways that I won’t have to go back, and so far no good ideas. I even thought about just getting knocked up again, but that won’t work because I would still have to go back to work for 9 months Ha Ha! Why oh why can’t I live in Canada where I could spend a whole year with her. I suppose the only thing keeping me halfway sane is knowing that she is going to be well taken care off with our moms/aunt/friends etc. that will be watching her.
So my last week off is filling up quickly and I am sure I will be rushing around at the end trying to get everything together (per Nicole usual) Monday we are going to Boonshoft with my friend Mary and her two boys who are almost 2 and 3. We will be going to the fire station to get Audrey’s car seat installed in Grandma’s car, possibly stopping by a pampered chef party on Friday, then a birthday party on Saturday. Next Sunday is Valentine’s Day where I probably won’t do much because Eli will be working and it is my last day with Audrey. Lots of cries and cuddles probably =)
Here she is 2 months old
In other updates and news, Eli was promoted to manager at work which has been very exciting and hectic for us. We are both so excited and blessed for this opportunity to come up for him and hopefully be beneficial to his career in the future. Unfortunately he is making about the same amount of money but working more than twice the hours. During training which is 6 weeks long he works 6 days a week usually about 12 hours a day. So needless to say I don’t see him very much and when I do it is 2am and I am exhausted. I don’t think he is looking forward to me to go back to work either because he is used to only having to work and I do everything else….ha ha ha surprise you get to wake up and take care of Audrey when I go to work.
Also a quick note about my Mamaw and Papaw. They are both doing rather poorly right now as far as their health so just keep positive thoughts for them. I guess I have tried not to get too worked up just yet as we don’t know anything specifically. They have just been doing the run around of different doctors and tests. It started at their family doctor then they got send to tests for this and that etc. So, as of now “nothing” is wrong, but they both are just getting old and in different types of pain. Hard to think about seeing someone you love and grew up with to be nothing but perfect.
Well sorry about the long boring update. One of these days I am going to figure out how to get our video camera hooked up to the computer and be able to upload videos. I love taking fun videos of her and I try to capture so many different things that she will enjoy watching as she gets older.


No comments:
Post a Comment