Sunday, March 21, 2010

Life is Constantly Changing

Yeah yeah I am horrible at updating this blog. I bet if I made myself sit down once a week or so and do it it would be much easier. Instead I slack off then feel too overwhelmed to write a blog because so much has happened and I don't know where to start....so lots of things changing and I will try to capture it all.

I am back to working full time making people smell better one day at a time. The first week was very hard to leave my little princess, but it really has gotten better every day just like everyone said it would. There are still days when I just don't want to leave her and I wish I could stay and play with her all day. One day....one day this will happen!

The first day back to work was February 15th and she stayed home with Eli so this made it a little better that she got to stay at home and I did not have to take her anywhere. I was doing so well all morning getting ready and almost made it without crying. It only got worse because she was crying when I left and that made it almost impossible to leave. Then day two she was at Grandma Springer's and I started to tear up when I had to leave her then it was complete water works once I got to work. Since then though it hasn't been too bad. I am always anticipating when I get to go and pick her up and see her huge smile and that makes things a bit better.

I am still breastfeeding (insert pat on the back for me..yes I am very proud sorry for the not so modest comment) so I am pumping at work on my breaks and this has taken some getting used to on my body's part, but it is going great and I only hope it keeps going that way. We are both still very happy and healthy. I made it to my short term goal of 12 weeks, now we're heading to our next goal of 6 months. I like taking it month by month so to speak so it seems more achievable. And to think it was only a few months ago that I was visiting lactation consultants and sobbing on my couch that this wasn't going to work out.

**Random though inserted here***
As I am typing this I am watching Audrey on the video monitor (which I am obsessed with btw and it was totally worth every penny I spent on it and I even bargain hunted on ebay but now I would have paid full price) and she is so stinking cute "sucking" in her sleep even though she has no paci. ha ha it just makes me giggle.

Updates on Audrey: She is awesome! She has laughed out loud twice now that I have heard and it just gets me every time. She is a smiling freak just like her momma. Doing great with holding her head up. Has rolled over a couple of times but not often. Enjoys singing and reading books with mom. She loves to be worn around the house after I get home from work and listen to me tell her about my day. She is starting to like it when Chloe licks her instead of pulling away she smiles. I am officially a mom and can't imagine my life without her.

Okay I am officially going to make myself update more often because I know there have been many funny things that I have happened that would have made humours blogs that I have not captured. One being yesterday when I was reminded how much I love our cloth diapers when she had a massage blow out in a disposable. YUCK!! I wasn't a prepared Mommy and didn't have enough diapers put together for our cousin Amber that was baby-sitting. There were clean diapers and they were hanging on the drying rack but they needed to be stuffed with the insert, and Amber didn't know how to do it so she used a disposable that we had left over from baby shower. Which normally would be fine I am not against her wearing disposables until I am holding her and we're talking and I start to smell that funny poop smell (those that say BM poop doesn't smell LIE!! I digress..) I turn her around and it is everywhere...up her back, on her shirt. Gross! I was more disgusted changing her pamper that I could throw away than I ever have been with her BG's. Whew that was a fun day. Just another day being a mommy :) :)

No comments: