Monday, January 31, 2011

I suppose it is never to late...

to make a vow to start blogging again. I hate myself every day for not making the time to document our life. But it seems the longer you go without doing something it is harder to make time. It's like I convince myself since I missed so much time there is no point in picking it back up again. That is probably why working out at the gym never really panned out for me. I would miss one day then two then a week and figured what is the point in going back....ha ha.

SOOO...I am back to update all of my fans (yeah right) about my life. So many wonderful things happen every day and even though I get to enjoy them in the moment i feel like I don't get to document them forever. I vow today to myself and my computer that I will try to make more time to sit down and jot down these memories as they happen before Audrey is grown and gone and I have Alzheimer's and can't remember a damn thing.

So to quickly update to where we are in our life. Audrey is 14 months old and just celebrated the big ONE. We had a huge party to celebrate with a cupcake theme (of course it is my favorite theme right now) I will attempt to add some pictures but I hate adding pictures using Blogger or I am just an idiot, but it is quite tricky. Audrey is doing amazing and is a genius. But what mom doesn't think that I guess. She has 8 teeth. She says more words than I can keep up with. She is definitely my child. Just some I can remember--Mama, dadduh (yes it sounds like that) Doggie, Kitty, Pretty, More, Hi, Bye, and her new one today is balloon. She uses sign language for a few words including--milk, all done, bath, and more.

She took her first steps on Christmas Eve and now over a month later she is pretty mobile and walks quite a bit without falling. She also enjoys carrying things as she walks. Maybe she will be a waitress?! She enjoys dancing and we quite frequently have music on in the house so she can bust a move. We alternate music so she has a pretty eclectic taste from classical to hip hop to country :)

Eli is same old same old just working lots and loving it. He is still a manager at a fine dining restaurant. He really does enjoy what he does which is great since he probably spends about 60 hours there a week. It does work out pretty well with our schedules because he is home with Audrey during the mornings and I am home at night with her because I now have every evening off with my NEW job!

I left the mall retail world back at the end of August and I am now working at a bank as a personal banker. The change was a great one for me but most importantly for Audrey. I get every evening at home with her to make dinner and put her to bed. I am very happy about the change although it was tough to leave. I knew I did not have the possibility of being promoted at my last job and I drove about a half hour each way. I have got some great possibilities at my new job and a 2 minute drive to work. So life is very great on the work front. Counting down the days, years, or decades until I can retire and not work at all and stay home with the baby though ;)

Okay that is the general update on everyone in the family I guess except for Chloe. Poor dog. I feel like now that we have a child we are horrible dog owners. She definitely doesn't get as much love and attention as she used to, and probably a lot more Shut up and lay downs that she used to get. Luckily Audrey loves her to pieces and enjoys trying to play with her. Hopefully I can keep every updated on the amazing little things that happen here each day that make life what it is....GREAT!

No comments: